Sunday, August 19, 2012

short.. but the sweetest.

Being back in the States has been so wonderful, and so many people have blessed me and encouraged me since returning.  One thing that has been somewhat burdening though has been the fact that many people I'm able to share small stories with, or talk about experiences with never truly understand what my time there meant to me.. some just don't get it.

Today, however, God blessed me and showed His great love through my little buddy Isaac Birschbach.  Isaac made my day today when he gave me this heart magnet he made for me. On it are the colors of the Hungarian flag. And without saying a word this amazing boy communicated an understanding of my heart and the impact this last year in Hungary had on my life that many people never will. Thanks Isaac! You're the best ♥



1 comment:

  1. He was THRILLED to see this tonight! :-) And it was totally his idea. If an 8 yr old can "get it", he does. (I suppose that fact that we are looking at pictures of orphans almost everyday doesn't hurt. LOL) But his inspired idea has led his sisters and him to start a whole "line" of flag magnets that we'll be selling soon to raise money for a family to bring home an 8 yo boy w/ Ds from Max's city. Cool huh? :-)

    (And for what it's worth - this is a great testimony of why it's imp't to have kids sitting in church during the sermon. Had he not heard your talk about Hungary, I don't think he would have made it. I'm so glad our church is changing it's schedule.)

    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete